|Interitus||Help Search Members Calendar Shoutbox|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
Interitus is an original post-invasion, Sci-Fi RPG set in the year 2015.
The Adveni attacked in 2012, leaving half the world in ruin, and the other half under the threat of destruction. Forced into slavery by an Alien race, humans fight back in any way they can.
Check out our New Member Guide
City of Adlai
A city of 3 million, Adlai is situated in the north west of the United States, about 200 miles from the west coast.
Current Active Characters
|Member of the Moment
||Character of the Moment
||Pairing of the Moment
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 11:29 AM
Bio :: Plots :: Tracker
Post Count: 78
The Human Registry
Name: Theodore Nash
Birthday: 30th November 1984
Prior Occupation: Air Traffic Controller/Computer Engineer for the Air Force
Current Status: Registered
Registration Number: HS8447TS16
Level of Education: Degree in IT Security
Father: James Nash
Mother: Katherine Nash
Siblings: Lara (27) and Juliette (19)
Hair Colour: Auburn
Eye Colour: Blue
Playby: Richard Madden
Likes and Dislikes:
- Photography - A hobby he picked up as a kid.
- Handwritten letters - Staying on base was lonely at first and he spent a lot of time writing to his sisters. There is something incredibly personal about a handwritten letter.
- People - Despite his judgemental streak, Theo really does like people, which is good seeing as he spends most of his day serving them coffee
- The smell of coffee - He likes the taste too, but there is nothing better than that first smell of freshly brewed coffee. It's a pity they can't get the good stuff very often.
- The rain - Theo is a bit of an odd duck and loves the rain. Loves snow too. Anything falling from clouds, really. Except hail, that's just painful.
- The invasion - His life was going well before the war. He doesn't particularly hate the Adveni for existing, but he does hate them for taking over.
- His Boss - Oscar is a bit of a dick, truth be told. Theo only keeps the job because it's good pay, and Oscar's name gets him his 'on the side' business.
- People taking advantage - Burned before by a friend, Theo thinks one of the most deplorable things a person can do is screw over those close to them to get a leg up.
- People invading his privacy - Theo is pretty open on most aspects of his life, but he is incredibly protective over those parts he keeps private, and anyone pressing on that will not find a happy Theo.
Strengths and Weaknesses:
- Resourceful - Theo can always find what he needs to get a job done.
- Determined - If he wants to do something, he will do it. It's just a matter of time.
- Patient - Not everything has to be immediate. Theo is a very patient man when he needs to be.
- Quite intelligent - Theo was by no means a genius, but he's a good learner and picks things up quickly. He's got an analytical mind, and can figure out solutions to problems easily.
- Good with his hands - He has good muscle memory, and once he's been shown how to do something, he's relatively good at perfecting it.
- Protective - Theo will protect those who need it to the bitter end. He genuinely cares about his friends and will go out of his way to help them.
- Obsessive - Once he gets something in his head, it's very difficult to get it out.
- Hypocritical - Theo will go against his own opinions on morality if it'll get him what he needs, especially if he believes he's doing it for the greater good.
- Judgemental - He's quick to judge, and once he's decided on someone, it's hard to change his mind.
- Stubborn - Theo is one of the most stubborn people you will ever meet. Trying to get him to change his mind if like bashing your head against a brick wall... or bashing his against a brick wall, not that it'll do much good.
- Low Self-Esteem - Truth be told, Theo is constantly questioning how he could have been better. He tries to make out that he would have had a great life if it weren't for the invasion, but inside he constantly fears he would have amounted to nothing.
Theo has his priorities very much laid out, and whatever you think about them, he won't be changing them any time soon. He prides himself on being a good son and brother, and wants to keep his family safe, whatever the cost. He's very bitter about what happened during the invasion and afterwards, and has harboured that resentment, channelling it into fighting the Adveni in the ways he works best.
Honestly, Theo doesn't hold himself in the best regard. He knows that he doesn't meet the standards he holds others to, which is why he works twice as hard to make things right.
He has a mild case of insomnia, and will often work through the night on his own projects before going to work the next morning. Occasionally this causes him to space out a little, but with the right trigger, he can be pulled back very quickly.
Generally pretty friendly, he's not exactly trusting, so whilst others might think they've gotten in good with him, he will see that as an acquaintance until someone proves they are trust worthy. He's been burned before by people he trusted through them being nice to him, he won't make that mistake again.
Are you a Sect Member: No, but is known by them.
Name of Sect:
By the time Theodore Nash was 18, he knew he wanted to join the military. He wanted to do good, to protect people, the way he'd always protected his sisters. Unfortunately, at that age, Theodore didn't meet the physical requirements to follow his dreams. He became obsessed, working out every spare minute that he could whilst he went to college and completed a degree in IT security. By this point, Theo had started finding it more difficult to sleep as he tried to keep up with all aspects of his life.
He was 22 when he finished his degree, and despite his parent's protests, tried to join the military again. This time he was accepted, but he was quickly diverted from the front lines and into IT, specifically, Air Traffic Control. He was still helping people, so he accepted it, though he always wondered what would have happened if he'd been good enough to become a full time soldier.
Theo's life within the military was great. He was good at his job, good enough that he was soon asked to help train others, and he was popular with his friends. So, when the Adveni revealed themselves, everything came crashing down. Theo was moved with some others to a secure location to help protect servers holding sensitive information. They were to fortify the security on the servers and wait it out. Given a small cash of weapons to protect themselves, Theo's main thoughts were on his friends who had not come with them.
It was then Theo discovered they'd been betrayed. The Adveni already knew about the servers and had their own people trying to break on. They worked tirelessly for days, Theo's insomnia helped a lot there, but it was no good. The Adveni got what they wanted, and knew where they were. There was nothing for it but to run. He joined the fight, but often stayed near the back, worried he would hurt those alongside him with his failures.
When Theo returned to Adlai and his family at the end of the war, it was to find that his mother had been killed and his father had slid into a deep depression. His father had always been prone to depression and paranoia, and now it was worse than ever. His sister Lara had been forced to not only make the money in the house, but also take care of their father and little sister, Juliette. Well, not anymore.
Theo got the first job he could find, working in Oscar's Underdog café. It wasn't great work, and he kept looking for something better, but soon he was brought in on the backroom business, making forged registration papers. He was good at it, and now he was making enough money to support his family so that Lara could take care of their father and keep Juliette off the street.
Despite settling into a rhythm in his life, Theo has never forgotten what happened during the war. The faces of his friends who died haunt him, and he'll do anything to prove that it was right he survived.
Role Play Sample
The Human behind the Human
How you found us: I'm not here!
Any Previous Characters:
Posted: Nov 27 2014, 11:37 AM
Bio :: Plots :: Tracker
Post Count: 6011