Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

» Canon Q&A
Diz
 Posted: Oct 30 2012, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:

Bio :: Plots :: Tracker

Written by:

I figured it might be fun to have a place where we can post about things we've been wondering about, as far as IC stuff goes. Humans, Adveni, Adlai, The Rest of the World... you name it.

This way we can pose our questions or musings here without hoping to catch an admin online or play PM tag or the like, and maybe just hash out stuff together!
^
Diz
 Posted: Oct 30 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:

Written by:

I'll start things off with something that just came up in the C-box: how big is the Nsiloq tattoo? In the Adveni thread it says it's similar to tribal tattoos on earth. Those tend to be fairly large, so just double checking on that part.

As a follow-up, for the Adveni who were on earth prior to the invasion, were they able to cover up that tattoo to remain a little more anonymous? If so, how? Make-up? Skin graft? Some form of Adveni tech?
^
Cizzler
 Posted: Nov 5 2012, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
TOON ADDICT

Group Icon
Written by:
Cizzler

From my experience there are both bigger and smaller tribal tats. But yes, say that they are fairly large. The Adveni are proud of their race, so I don't think that the Nsiloq's would be teeny tiny. As for covering up the tattoos before the invasion; why would they do that? There would have been little reason for them to cover up their Nsiloq's since the humans didn't even know they existed until the invasion started. That said, I get that there could be some instances were they would blend in better without them, but I'm guessing it would have just been easily covered up with make-up in those situations.

Chele will have to correct me if I'm completely out of line.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
^
Chele
 Posted: Nov 5 2012, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Cizzler got it.

I'm gonna move this thread to the Questions and Suggestions forum because, I thought this was just a 'for fun thread' being in the OOC Chat.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Diz
 Posted: Nov 12 2012, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:

Written by:

This is going to sound overly morbid, out of context, but... what do the Adveni do with their dead? Or the human dead for that matter? It seemed to me, seeing as they're not religious, that they'd likely tend toward cremation unless the bodies could be used for research, experimentation or transplant. But for the most part... dust?
^
Chele
 Posted: Nov 13 2012, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Scientific experiments and cremation work fine.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Andy
 Posted: Dec 13 2013, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:

Written by:

What happened to all the human children, especially the younger ones who can't live on their own? Are any of them registered? I am assuming that most were killed and there are some still surviving and hiding in the sects. If they are found unregistered, are they killed or will they be sold to be raised and then eventually start working when they are old enough?

I'm wondering how quick the Adveni are to kill or if they just ignore humans as long as they don't get in the way. What would happen if an unregistered, noticeably physically handicapped person was found? Is there a council/higher ranking of some kind that decides a person's fate, or do the adveni just kill someone if they feel like it?
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 16 2013, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Some children are raised in homes with a sort of propaganda mentality, the Adveni raising them teaching them in the way they want. Those children, while not considered Adveni by any standards, once older can take on pretty decent human jobs - working in factories and on construction crews.

Admittedly, most children without families are taken in by other humans. - There is a played character (Currently on hiatus) called Nicolette, who was a nun, and worked in a home for children. Other families take them in, group homes, etc.

Most likely, they wouldn't be killed. If they are older, young teenagers, they can be sold off as dreta.

Found unregistered as children, they are given slightly more leniency than adults. If too young to be sold, they will either be registered and sent on their way, or will be put into a group home.

Depending on the type of handicap, an unregistered person with a handicap would be treated much like anyone else. The thing to remember about being unregistered is that Adveni won't kill for it. They will simply place them in the Compound, and will sell them if they are deemed worth the money. A person with a handicap is more likely to remain in the Compound for their sentence because they would be more difficult to sell.

Personally, I would say that unless there is a very specific reason for them to not be registered, (like they're wanted for crimes, are in hiding for some reason, or are known as a sect member) being unregistered does not inspire plots as much as you'd think, and really isn't all that helpful.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Andy
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:

Written by:

How far advanced is the Adveni in terms of medical knowledge? For instance, do they have the cure for cancers or the common cold? Can they and do they encounter the same diseases as humans?
^
Chele
 Posted: Jan 26 2014, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

They can get the same disses as humans, but they have their own diseases as well. Therefore, medical knowledge is more geared toward Adveni diseases.

They have not cured cancer or the cold.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

Vote for Interitus!
My VisioList