Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Bio :: Plots :: Tracker

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Dear Members,

As of now, Interitus has been running for almost three and a half years and a lot has changed in that time. We've gained members and waved them goodbye, we've moved hosts and been through a good couple of hundred characters.

A lot has changed personally for all of us, and as things have changed, so have our wants and needs for a site. For myself, this means that I would love to continue to write with our members. However, it also means that I no longer have the time (or the inclination) to spend hours every week trying to gain new members who may or may not stick around. RP is a hobby and I would like to continue, but do not have the time to run a full site.

Cizzler and I have discussed this at length, and we would like to propose something to all of you. We would like to propose a site lock in.

If you've ever been to a pub lock in, you might have an idea of what I'm talking about. It means that all rules and requirements are thrown out of the window, but that only people we allow can get in, knowing we can trust them not to wreck the furniture and throw up behind the bar.

So, to explain further, here are the things that would change:

New Characters
New characters would no longer require validation by staff. New accounts would need to be moved to the correct member group so that they can post, but other than that, you can create as many characters as you like, use them or not use them, take them on as a side character to be used occasionally, however you choose.

Basically, when you create a new account, you post to a thread, and Cizzler or myself will validate the account. Then you're good to go.

We trust all our current members to make characters that won't break setting, so we're happy to let you run loose on your creations. Of course, if you have questions, we'll still be here.

All Character Information
If you would like new character information to be inputted (Face Claim, Character Details, etc) you complete the code and we will input it. This will not be done automatically.

Timelines Input
This would be done only when members tell us about it. If you want a thread adding to the timeline, you post with the code and we add it in.

Closing Threads
Would be almost entirely up to the members in that thread.
Truth be told, this is actually already possible, as characters have the ability to close their own threads. However, as most people generally stay on their OOC account until they hit post, nobody really notices.
If you wanted to close a thread because it's not had a reply for a while, you can respond in a thread, and either myself or Cizzler will close it.

Posting Dates
These would be completely open. No set dates. Speed will be completely up to you. Plots can move forwards, and it will only be a member's activity which holds them back or moves them forwards. If someone moves far ahead with a character, it will be their choice, but it may exclude them from bigger plots if and when they are created.

New Members
New Members will only be accepted via approval by a current member. If you want someone to join, let me or Cizzler know and we will validate them.

Other Stories
If people want AU boards, or a single forum for a completely different idea that they have an urge to play out, we can create it for you. Make your own little world in a room.

NPCs
We will create an NPC OOC account, and members are free to use any character signed up there. Each NPC created gets its own account, linked to the main NPC, and this account password will be shared with all members.

So, say, for example, you have a specific NPC you need for a plot. You sign them up with an NPC application, use them for the threads you need, and then forget about them. If I then need a character and your NPC fits that description, I can use them and then put them back.

Activity Checks
None.
Basically, you can use or not use characters however you wish. If you don't post, then you don't post. We won't do anything against it, but we also won't force anyone to help you catch up if you fall behind.

The only stipulation for this will be that if you have a character strongly connected to another (family member, lover, boss, etc,) the owner of the connected character can request the character be dropped after 60 days of inactivity.

Also, if you do not post with a character for 60 days and someone wants that face claim, they will be allowed to use the face claim freely. If you become active with that character again, you're just going to have to share.

Basically, we want to give you all free reign over the site, leaving only minimal administration for us to complete. If you just want to post with one person, go for it. If you want to get into fifty threads, go for it. If you want to create your own imaginary army (looking at you, Cizzler) you can do it.

So, let us know what you think. With so few of us here, every opinion counts.

I'm going to leave this open until the end of the month before we decide on anything.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Sehlatus
 Posted: Dec 9 2014, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Sehlatus

I am all for the lock in, if it will make life easier for you smile.gif As much as I love new members, it seems difficult to find people who will stay, and there's no point in luring them in if they won't actually stick around. Reading the thread, I was worried you were going to close Interitus, but I'm glad that's not the case. I definitely understand the need for more time though.

And like you said, you know you can trust us not to wreck the place *"Mwahaha," she said, wringing her hands excitedly* tongue.gif

No, really, I think the freedom with dates and making new characters and reporting threads for closing and stuff will be just fine, we know how to play. I don't see any problems with that, not with this group of people. Except - we can close our own threads? Really? I never knew that... lol

NPCs - I really love the idea for NPCs! Sometimes you just need a tiny character for a tiny part in a plot but you don't want to make up a whole new character for that. NPCs are excellent and it could be quite fun to see different people using the same NPCs.

Before Interitus, I was on a very free rpg, and we had no problems. I don't see any particular problems with doing it on Interitus either, so I say Go for it!

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 9 2014, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Yeah. The NPC allowances was one of the things Cizzler and I were most excited about. It also means that all Friends and Family adoptables could go on there, then if someone wants to take them up full time, it's their choice, having seen how they can be played out.

Thanks for giving your opinion, hun!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Amycakes
 Posted: Dec 10 2014, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
N/A

I think it all sounds great! I've nothing much to add but I do think it's good and personally it'll be a big help to me as I sometimes struggle with finding time to RP so I'll really enjoy a more chilled out posting environment :D

Must resist urge to make more characters...
PM
^
Cizzler
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 05:38 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
TOON ADDICT

Group Icon
Written by:
Cizzler

That's one thing with the lock in, you won't have to resist anymore cuz you can't risk having them inactivated wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
^
Amycakes
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
N/A

DON'T TELL ME THINGS LIKE THAT

psssst cizzler is a bad influence pass it on
PM
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

It took you this long to figure out cizzler is a cruel enabler?

There is a reason I have 19 characters.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Cizzler
 Posted: Dec 11 2014, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
TOON ADDICT

Group Icon
Written by:
Cizzler

user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMSN
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 13 2014, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Hey everyone.

Just a quick update, thought I'd put it here because people will see it.

Unfortunately, Chatango is having some problems, apparently they were hacked.

It'll be up again when it's up again. For now, I guess, if you need to get in contact with someone, either PM or the appropriate forum (whether OOC or Plotting, etc)

Thanks.

Chele

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 07:05 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Could we please have responses from all members in this thread with their opinion and/or input.

We're trying to ensure we will be accommodating all our members if we decide to go forward, and for that, we need to know what you think and whether you will be joining us if we decide to lock things down.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
ComradeCharlie
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Charlie

All sounds fine to me. I'm just a little confused as to new character accounts? Does that mean no applications or background information? I guess I'm just worried about that because I like having some background on characters that I get into threads with, one way or another.

Otherwise, I have no issues with this idea.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 11:47 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Hey Charlie.

Sorry for the confusion. I understand how it looks. What the no-validation means is that, as soon as you make the account (before posting the application) you notify Ciz or myself as to which character group this character would go in. We move the account, allowing you to post.

People would still make applications for the characters, but Cizzler and I would not need to check through it, or do anything to it before you begin posting, as the account would already be validated into a character member group.

Does this make sense?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
ComradeCharlie
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 12:01 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Charlie

Ah, alright. Yep, makes perfect sense. Thanks!

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jenn
 Posted: Dec 14 2014, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
N/A

Everything sounds good to me. I was getting a little worried about the dates since we are creeping up on them in real time even XD.

I can't think of anything at the moment that I would want to add or that I'm concerned about.
PMEmail Poster
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 15 2014, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Well, unfortunately, the reality is that real time is going to pass Interitus time and soon. With how long it takes for threads to be completed, and new threads to be created, it's just going to happen. Whether the dates are limited or not will not change that.

I had actually considered altering the timeline, basically jumping everything forward a decade or two (Saying the Adveni invaded in 2032 and therefore we're in 2034, for example. not saying "okay, we're skipping two years. Go.") but due to some mentions of events, etc, from before the Adveni invaded, I decided against it. Not to mention that all the Registration numbers have birth years imbedded in them.

However...

If everyone unanimously decided that altering the timeline in this way was what they wanted, I would happily do so. It just might take me a while to get through it all. wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
October Wolfe
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
N/A

I was a little confused about the character application thing also, but I wasn't sure how to word it. With that explained, it all sounds good to me! I'd not said anything because I wasn't sure what I could add.

Oh, actually, here's a thing. If activity checks aren't a thing in this system, does that mean that ones that have been labelled as inactive would be able to be active'd again? Like my Danny, for example.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Yes, they would be. If you chose to pick them back up. We could move the application from inactive, and change the character, but you would need to do all the detail input if you wanted them included on lists.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
October Wolfe
 Posted: Dec 16 2014, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
N/A

Super smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Sehlatus
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 12:16 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Sehlatus

About the dates - I wouldn't mind either way, if you want to move the dates or keep them as they are. If you want to keep things really simple, just keep the dates and call it an alternate future or something. I mean, the Adveni could have invaded us already, right? I mean, they are real, aren't they? cool.gif

Having friends and family as NPCs could be really cool. I could see myself playing someone's family member for a thread or so, not having to commit to a full character. And I've been wanting to put up Zach's dad for ages, now he could be an NPC instead. Hmm...

And the site looked really weird all locked down! I actually have to log in now? blink.gif I've been really lazy with that, only logging in when I have to post. But that's ok, maybe I won't miss all those PM's now, lol.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 18 2014, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Yeah, I think, at the moment at least, we'll keep the dates as they are. If we need to change them later, we can discuss that.

Yep! Stupidly excited about the F&F NPCs. You actually made me squeal at having Zach's dad around! WOOO!

Sorry about me being a deterrent for laziness. I do love a bit of laziness sometimes! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
Chele
 Posted: Dec 22 2014, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Registration Number:
N/A

Group Icon
Written by:
Chele

Quick Update:

Just so you all know, I am removing all accounts of the following:

1. OOC accounts of members no longer active

2. Inactive character accounts with less than 20 posts

HOWEVER: Inactive accounts of current members have been left off this sweep as long as they weren't made inactive over a year ago.

In other words, I was clearing out a load of accounts where people joined, did five posts, then left again.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Vote for Interitus!
My VisioList